Tuesday 5 December 2017

Christmas Tree Ornament Knit Socks

I picked up a ball of King Cole Glitz wool a while ago and finally got around to knitting up a few tiny Christmas Stockings for the Christmas tree.


I plan on making one for everyone coming over for Christmas dinner and using them to hold a little treat for after dinner. Then everyone can take there's and put it on their tree as a decoration! 

I also wanted to share a quick tutorial on how I knit them up! I did see the Fish Lips Kiss Heel method because it's one I like to knit BT it can be substituted for any heel methodthat you prefer. Or you can purchase the heel tutorial here for about $1 on Ravelry. I also use dpns to knt these but again you can see your preferred method free knitting in the round.


  • Cast on 28 stitches using 3mm needles.
  • Knit 6 rows of 1x1 ribbing.
  • Knit plain stockinette for 20 rounds.
  • Knit the Fish Lips Kiss Heel. Mine has 6 stitches left until the boomerang section.
  • Knit plain stockinette for 11 rounds.
Toe:
  • Round 1 - Needle 1 - k1, ssk, k4
  • Needle 2 - k4, k2tog, k1 
  • Needle 3 - k1, ssk, k4 
  • Needle 4 - k4, k2tog, k1
  • Round 2 - knit

Repeat rounds 1 & 2 until there are 3 stitches on each needle. Kitchener closed.

My final sock measures 4.5 inches in length and 2.5 inches wide.


Happy Making!





1 comment: